What is Voice Search?
Voice Search is a tool that allows users to utilize search engines through speaking on a mobile or PC device. Instead of typing into Google or Bing you can speak to Siri or Cortana or Alexa or OK Google etc. to enter your search query.
With the constant increase in mobile usage, voice searches are climbing simultaneously. As a result, marketers’ SEM and SEO tactics and strategies now need to adapt to a more conversational way of identifying viable keywords.
Regular searches include simple phrases or words that may be considered more general, but voice queries tend to be very long-tailed and specific. This changes the way marketers analyze searchers’ behavior, intent, and preference. Searchers use natural language and express a stronger intent, illustrated with the use of more search words.
Voice Search also plays a pivotal role in proximity or local searches, now that search engines’ algorithm shows local results more and also because searchers tend to use words like “near me” in their query.
Tips for voice search optimisation
- Focus on long-tailed keywords that are more popular with voice searches.
- Optimise your business for local search. As mobile searches increase, it shows a close relationship to proximity search.
- Use extensions that can help users to take quick action example, call now, book now, directions etc.
- Add pages to your website that answers long-tailed searches example, FAQs that answer specific questions.
- Use natural language that can be conversational and show relevance for queries.
- Be on the lookout for question words that appeal to conversational language that demonstrates user intent. Identify persons who may just be showing interest or persons who are ready to act.
As users continue to adapt to this mobile age, marketers should consider including voice in their search engine strategies to ensure that all opportunities are maximised.
Thank you for reading. I’d love to hear your comments below.